Apple & Sweet Potato Pie
- Prepare bottom crust as directed on the packaging.
- Place sweet potato in a bowl. Peel and slice the apples and place in the same bowl with lemon juice and coat apples so they won’t brown.
- In a separate bowl, place brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and mix thoroughly. Place mixture in the bowl with the apples and the sweet potato and coat. Add melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the filling in the pie crust and place the second pie crust over the top as instructed on the packaging. Cut slits in the top crust in a “star shape.” Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and milk together and then brush on top of the top crust.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the oven. Take out and let sit for at least an hour before cutting and serving. Serve with one of my homemade ice creams (link to recipes below)
Shipping is free when you spend $75 or more! Dismiss